LE & LT series
LUBRICATED PISTON COMPRESSORS
An Atlas Copco LE/LT compressor is your high performance industrial air solution. The 10-bar LE and the 15/20/30-bar LT generate quality air at the lowest operating temperatures in the industry and with minimal oil carryover. Their proven design
and quality materials deliver premium operation and an extra long life.
- A unique, robust design and quality materials ensure an extended product life.
- The fan designed for optimal cooling of the air flow also balances the compressor for reduced vibration.
Low running costs
- Use of highly durable components for improved performance.
- Start-stop system instead of load-unload.
- All components and service points are easily accessible.
A Variety of Benefits
- Automotive design and high quality materials for unmatched performance and extra long life.
- Exceptional reliability for heavy duty industrial applications.
- Minimized downtime thanks to quick and easy servicing.
- Widest product scope to match your exact needs.
- Dependable flow of compressed air directly to the point of use.
- Compact installations possible thanks to optimum cooling, aluminum design and direct drive.
- Stand-alone use or easy integration in your OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) product.
The Optimum Piston Compressor
As one of the earliest compressor designs, piston compressors are among the most versatile and extremely efficient compressors. Their strengths:
- Because of their basic design, limited number of working parts and straightforward working principle, piston compressors are the best solution when compressed air is needed in harsh conditions.
- Simple maintenance thanks to easily accessible parts for servicing.
- No need for special treatment (oil separation) nor oil filtering as there is no direct contact with oil.
- High reliability and increased lifetime due to limited risk of condensation formation as a result of the piston compressorâ€™s low mass.
- Piston compressors can operate in a very wide range of working pressures. Maximum working pressure for the Atlas Copco L series is 30 bar.
Atlas Copcoâ€™s L series is the top product in the wide range of Atlas Copco piston compressors. The L range outperforms any competitor piston compressor because of its unique combination of long life, reliability and performance in a compact light-weight package.
The L oil-free and oil-lubricated compressors are available in a number of product variants to match the exact needs of a wide range of end users. They are available as standard â€œcoreâ€ units, with the possibility to add a number of standard options, giving the flexibility to match the individual application requirements.
The heart of the L is a compact and light-weight automotive type aluminum compressor block designed for the best performance. Combined with the direct drive setup, this makes the L compressor block perfect for OEM applications. Following the recommended starter and start/stop regulation*, the L block is available with simple connection, industrial check valve or industrial unloader valve connected to the aftercooler pipe of the block. All blocks are factory tested.
In a Powerpack, the L compressor block is directly driven to an electrical IP55/insulation class F motor. Different motors are available both for Direct On Line (DOL) start and Y/D start. DOL start can be combined with a simple check valve (S) or with an industrial check valve (CV). Y/D start is common on units from 5.5 hp and is always combined with an industrial unloader valve (UV). On Powerpack versions the scope of supply for DOL started units contains a pressure switch (incl. on/off switch, overload protection and unloader), supplied separately. On Powerpack versions with Y/D start, only the solenoid valve is added, not the pressure switch and not the cubicle.
In a base-mounted variant, the L Powerpack is mounted on a frame with pre-wired regulation installed to run the unit in start/stop. Additionally, a flexible hose and pressure gauge is mounted to connect the base-mounted unit to the air consumer or air net. Base-mounted units are always supplied with industrial check valve or unloader valve, not with the simple check valve. Units with Y/D are supplied with the electrical cubicle. The electrical cubicle contains a transformer for the 230/1 control voltage if unit voltage <> 230/1, 230/3 or 400/3/50. For 400/3/50 it is assumed that a neutral line is available from the electricity net.
L Complete Unit
In the L complete unit model, a Powerpack is mounted on a receiver. Standard receiver sizes are: 2 – 3 hp: 90 liter,Â 5.5 – 20 hp: 250 liter Receivers are available in different approvals: CE, ASME, LL/MOM, AS1210. Please refer
to the contact person for details on which approvals are available for which receivers.
L Full Feature
In a Full Feature version, an Atlas Copco refrigerant dryer is mounted on the receiver. Receiver sizes are: 2 – 5.5 hp: 250 liter,Â 5.5 – 10 hp: 475 liter Full Feature versions are available from 2 to 10 hp.
There are no reviews yet.